This might be one of those times. ^_^
I was searching the internet for stuffed owls (more gifts for Tania <3) for inspiration to make my own and through the wonders of weird-ass boolean google search bots came upon the ever-popular knitted stuffed uterus... umm... thing.
I'd seen it before and inspiration never hit before, but I guess the hellish week I just had with some of the worst period cramps of my life lent a hand to my creative juices flowing. I just saw the stuffed pink uterus and instantaneously decided that I wanted a heat therapy bag for those pesky cramps.
I ran into the office and proclaimed to my husband that I was a genius and explained my idea. I guess the whole "guy" thing is keeping him from completely understanding the fabulous-ness of this idea. Oh well... I am still quite confident in my fantastic genius creativity.
I need to go to the store and buy some rice for filler still so le *sigh* my uterus is still incomplete. But here's what I have done so far in a mini-tutorial:
Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

I again interrupted my husband playing games on the computer and asked "how do you like my uterus?" His response: "I dunno, I can't see it." *rolls eyes* I love him to death but sometimes he's such a GUY. I need more gay friends. *sigh*
Have rice! On with the tutorial....
Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 7:

Step 8:

See? Easy as pie.
Mine (like me on my period) has a split personality....


Oh yes, directions. All the heat therapy bag tutorials I found on the interwebs advise to heat the bag in 15 second intervals in your microwave for up to 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the rice or it can get pretty stinky. Also try not to get the bag wet or the rice may start to mildew. Stinky, mildew-y uteri I think we all want to avoid. ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment